Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

Father's Day. It's a good day.

I was awakened this morning with a slobbery kiss from our "so-to-be" 16 month old, "NtG"...of course it was around 5:30AM. NtG and Mommy then let me sleep a bit longer before it was time to start the Sunday Morning Ritual.

Yup... you guessed it.... Dad's Special Waffles and Bob the Builder (more on Bob in a later post).

Last year was my first Father's Day, but NtG was only a few months old, so rolling over and smiling was all he was pretty much doing. He's grown a lot in the past year... sometimes a little TOO fast. Now, he's digging my waffles, drooling like a faucet, climbing on the couch, toddling around the back yard, and still smiling.

I was going to call my Dad today, but he and Mom are "somewhere in Alaska" with a local seniors tour group. I'll catch him later this week when they get back. Hey Rocco! Happy Father's Day!

It's a good day.

No comments: